Tuesday, June 9, 2009

sometimes I wonder about me


well after some careful deliberation I ve decided to post this tomy blog...... I really need to figure out what's going on in my head. It feels like self consciousness issues but I'm not sure. I look at this one minute and I do feel somewhat proud of what I could do on my first blue pencil, but at the same time I feel helpless watching my classmates pass me by skill-wise. All I can ever think about is becoming a better artist, but I feel as though there is something that's holding me back. I'm not sure maybe in a sense, I'm not trying hard enough which would be strange. Anyways enough babling, I'm off to do some more work on something and not be so stressed hehe.

2 comments:

Tracy "Tito" Lynn MacLauchlan said...

cool beans, jyreme! I do hope you show us more of your work :). Your digital screenspace assignment was FANTASTIC, btw! Did you get to color/texture it, too? I would love to see it finished.

Don't get yourself too down. I think everyone feels frustrated about their work from time to time- I know the feeling of working hard but not feeling as though you're progressing. My professor last quarter says you just have to convince yourself you are a good artist by any means necessary, because you can't rely on others to convince you of that. If you weren't a good artist, would you still be at SCAD, would everyone around you tell you you are good? :)

Alex Miller said...

dude, i think all aspiring artist have this dilemma. I think first of all u need to comes to terms with that fact that you are your own worst critic, and second is that you need to stop watching others so closely and just draw damn it, draw